Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Energy & Guilt

Will someone please explain to me why I wanna run rampant when my blood sugar is way out of whack and want to sit on the couch like a bump on a log when it's in-range?

So my struggle to eat healthier at home was made a little worse because I'm staying with my grandparents for a few weeks while my aunt's out of town. My grandma doesn't speak English at all so it makes it difficult to explain why I'm eating the way I am. All she can garner is that I want to lose some inches around my waist. However, because she's my grandma, all she ever wants to do for me is cook. Then, every night when anyone in the family calls, she tells them all about how I'm refusing to eat her cooking.

A few months ago I felt guilty for eating so much and now I feel guilty for eating so little. Despite this life being mine to live and enjoy, I like making my parents and grandparents happy. The little power struggles over eating make it hard.

So what foods do you eat that give you more energy? What are foods that are supposed to give you energy and don't? Any healthy happy mood foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment