Friday, June 24, 2011

Free Pass Cause of D

I was diagnosed in May when I was in the 4th grade of school. It was just after NJ had instituted state exams for periodic education tests in the 4th, 8th, and 12th grades.

Because I was in the hospital when they were giving the exam, I got a phone call from my teacher while I was laying in the hospital bed watching daytime soaps informing me that not only was the ever awesome Mary Tyler Moore a fellow Type 1 who was living with the disease, but also that I didn't have to worry that I was missing 3 days of sitting through 6 hours of testing.

No silly #2 pencils.

No little filling in circles within the lines.

No writing three 5-paragraph essays based on pictures.

AND No making it up later!

It was pretty awesome as a 9-year old to rub that in my friends faces two weeks later.

No comments:

Post a Comment